Dec 28, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
You ever look at those little “keys to the game” graphics on baseball telecasts and note how tautologous they are? How, essentially, they all say “to win the game, don’t lose the game,” and “try to score runs and don’t let the other team score runs,” more or less? Analysis!
Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus noticed it, and he used the advice he learned to put together a wonderful pitching tutorial. Follow these instructions, kids, and you’ll be in the bigs in no time!
Oh, and if you have trouble reading it, read the words and understand them and don’t not understand them. That’s the key!
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 41
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)