Dec 28, 2012, 12:26 PM EST
You ever look at those little “keys to the game” graphics on baseball telecasts and note how tautologous they are? How, essentially, they all say “to win the game, don’t lose the game,” and “try to score runs and don’t let the other team score runs,” more or less? Analysis!
Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus noticed it, and he used the advice he learned to put together a wonderful pitching tutorial. Follow these instructions, kids, and you’ll be in the bigs in no time!
Oh, and if you have trouble reading it, read the words and understand them and don’t not understand them. That’s the key!
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)