Dec 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EST
Baseball news has totally ceased, it seems. So I present to you a picture my visiting brother found while rummaging around my basement.
The Polaroid — what we used for Instagram when I was a kid — is from 1983. The tall man in the tight polo is a former Tigers shortstop who should be in the Hall of Fame. The tall boy in the green shirt is an old family friend. I have no idea why (a) my brother is wearing a short-sleeved button down shirt and; (b) I really have no idea why I’m wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey because I never really liked the Dallas Cowboys.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)