Dec 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EST
Baseball news has totally ceased, it seems. So I present to you a picture my visiting brother found while rummaging around my basement.
The Polaroid — what we used for Instagram when I was a kid — is from 1983. The tall man in the tight polo is a former Tigers shortstop who should be in the Hall of Fame. The tall boy in the green shirt is an old family friend. I have no idea why (a) my brother is wearing a short-sleeved button down shirt and; (b) I really have no idea why I’m wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey because I never really liked the Dallas Cowboys.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)