Dec 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Baseball news has totally ceased, it seems. So I present to you a picture my visiting brother found while rummaging around my basement.
The Polaroid — what we used for Instagram when I was a kid — is from 1983. The tall man in the tight polo is a former Tigers shortstop who should be in the Hall of Fame. The tall boy in the green shirt is an old family friend. I have no idea why (a) my brother is wearing a short-sleeved button down shirt and; (b) I really have no idea why I’m wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey because I never really liked the Dallas Cowboys.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 27
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 68
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)