Dec 28, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
If teams want to spend the rest of the afternoon making minor bullpen signings I’d be just fine with that. I’m sorta watching “A Christmas Story” while scanning the baseball news, and these short things mesh well with that. ["It 'twas ... soap ... poisoning!"]
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 28, 2012
Gonzalez appeared in 47 games for the Nationals last season, posting a 3.03 ERA and striking out 39 hitters in 35 and two-thirds innings of LOOGY work. A nice pickup to bolster what was a miserable Brewer bullpen this past season.
Oh, and be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)