Dec 28, 2012, 2:09 PM EST
If teams want to spend the rest of the afternoon making minor bullpen signings I’d be just fine with that. I’m sorta watching “A Christmas Story” while scanning the baseball news, and these short things mesh well with that. ["It 'twas ... soap ... poisoning!"]
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 28, 2012
Gonzalez appeared in 47 games for the Nationals last season, posting a 3.03 ERA and striking out 39 hitters in 35 and two-thirds innings of LOOGY work. A nice pickup to bolster what was a miserable Brewer bullpen this past season.
Oh, and be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 3
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 49
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)