Dec 28, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
If teams want to spend the rest of the afternoon making minor bullpen signings I’d be just fine with that. I’m sorta watching “A Christmas Story” while scanning the baseball news, and these short things mesh well with that. ["It 'twas ... soap ... poisoning!"]
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 28, 2012
Gonzalez appeared in 47 games for the Nationals last season, posting a 3.03 ERA and striking out 39 hitters in 35 and two-thirds innings of LOOGY work. A nice pickup to bolster what was a miserable Brewer bullpen this past season.
Oh, and be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)