Dec 29, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Craig passed along a story earlier this week that Michael Young was listed among the potential candidates to play for Mexico in the upcoming World Baseball Classic. Young was on Team USA for the WBC back in 2009, but he’s eligible to play for Mexico since his mother is of Mexican descent. However, the veteran infielder has decided that he won’t suit up for anyone in the spring.
Michael Young isn't playing in WBC either -- for Team USA or Mexico. He wants to spend entire spring in #phillies camp.—
Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) December 29, 2012
You see, Phillies fans? That leadership is already shining through.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 0
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)