Dec 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Courtesy of the official Twitter account of the Yankees, here’s what Yankee Stadium looked like in the hours leading up to today’s Pinstripe Bowl football game between Syracuse and West Virginia.
What you can’t see are the Yankees players telling those pesky college kids to get off their lawn. In all seriousness, baseball will be played on that field again just a little over three months from now. On a day like today, it still feels miles away.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)