Dec 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Courtesy of the official Twitter account of the Yankees, here’s what Yankee Stadium looked like in the hours leading up to today’s Pinstripe Bowl football game between Syracuse and West Virginia.
What you can’t see are the Yankees players telling those pesky college kids to get off their lawn. In all seriousness, baseball will be played on that field again just a little over three months from now. On a day like today, it still feels miles away.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)