Dec 30, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The Marlins’ higher-ups have stated over and over again that they have no intention of trading young slugger Giancarlo Stanton. But they’ve been taking phone calls on the matter and will continue to do so.
Assistant general manager Dan Jennings told Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM on Sunday morning that the Marlins “will listen to all offers” on Stanton but that a deal is highly unlikely to take place this winter. Which basically means that the Fish would have to be blown away by an offer to consider it.
The Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles and Cubs were all known to have interest at one point.
Stanton batted .290/.361/.608 with 37 home runs and 86 RBI in 123 games this past season for the Fish. The 23-year-old right fielder isn’t eligible for arbitration until 2014 and is under club control through 2016.
Sep 4, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
Headed for a quick divorce.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
Holy moly, these guys are awful.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez hit two homers for the second straight night.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
Bryce Harper didn’t have an official at-bat tonight, but he still made a major impact in the Nationals’ 15-1 blowout victory over the Braves.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Stroman threw 4 2/3 hitless innings in his first minor league rehab start.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias was forced to exit Thursday’s game against the Royals in the third inning when he was hit in the hand while trying to drop down a bunt.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Dodgers called up top prospect Corey Seager today and manager Don Mattingly isn’t wasting any time getting him into the starting lineup…
Sep 3, 2015, 8:46 PM EDT
Murphy had a stint on the disabled list earlier this season due to a left quad strain.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Strasburg left his most recent start on Sunday with discomfort in his upper back, but he’s on track to make his return for a crucial series against the Mets next week.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
McCutchen feels “a little sore” and has been “hobbling around a little bit,” so he’ll take a rest before a big series against the Cardinals this weekend.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
ESPN has pulled Schilling from their broadcasts for the remainder of the season.
Sep 3, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Sentiments like these — of which I’ve seen a few — makes me wonder about Ruben Amaro.
Sep 3, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
His glute injury proved minor.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:51 PM EDT
He was suffering from dehydration yesterday.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Finally, Tom Brady and Boston sports fans get a win!
Sep 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Shut down for the season with a hip injury.
Sep 3, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
This is must-click link material.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Kevin Jepsen will fill in at closer.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:38 AM EDT
Not that either of those things are valid reasons to keep a guy out of the Hall of Fame.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Considered by many to be the No. 1 prospect in baseball.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 120
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (122)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)