Have a safe and happy new year, HBT Nation

Dec 31, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT

source:

The day is turning into evening, and as there appears to be nothing happening baseball-wise at the moment, I’m going to go have a big, big New Year’s Eve: some dinner, some hanging out with the kids and then fighting like hell to stay awake past 10PM (I gave up on the idea of midnight the moment I woke up at 5AM this morning).

Obviously if any baseball stuff happens this evening we’ll let you know, but for now I wanted to thank all of you for a great 2012 and wish you all a happy 2013.

In the extremely likely event you have a more exciting night planned than I do, please be safe.  I’ll be back talking to you tomorrow as if it weren’t a new year and all that exciting stuff.

1. mattyflex - Dec 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I’m going to get hammered and take my pants off.

• approvenothing - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Oh please, my pants are off already…

• historiophiliac - Dec 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Just don’t tweet your junk to Torii Hunter!

2. sportsdrenched - Dec 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Nothing Baseball related? Please Im gonna drink till I’m numb so I can work on my slider with snowballs….

3. cowboysoldiertx - Dec 31, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I am going to take my wife out to dinner. Then she promised me a trip around the world (if you dont know what that is then your a virgin) followed up with us getting absolutely shit faced drunk!

• approvenothing - Dec 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Daddy, what were you and Mom doing last night? Oh don’t worry about it son, she was just taking me on a trip around the world…

4. crankyfrankie - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:01 PM

To bring a smile to everyone today. Pitchers and catchers are less than two months away.

• jwbiii - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I heard an ad on the radio for spring training travel packages. It really is coming!

5. hojo20 - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Great work this year as always, HBT!

6. townballblog - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Thanks, Craig. You guys have a Happy New Year as well.

7. natstowngreg - Dec 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM

And a Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

8. cosanostra71 - Dec 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

just when I was getting used to writing 2012, too

9. historiophiliac - Dec 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I hope you all have some bread pudding to celebrate. :)

• wlschneider09 - Dec 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I saw cranberry/orange bread pudding in Wegmans today and actually thought of you. I’ve got to stop reading this blog so much.

Happy new year to the lot of you, whatever form of dessert and/or entertainment you choose.

• historiophiliac - Dec 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

lol The secret is Wild Turkey!

• natstowngreg - Dec 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM

mmm…bread pudding…mmm.

My sister made some for Xmas dinner. Good stuff. :)

• Old Gator - Dec 31, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Baked myself a loaf of cranberry orange bread and a tray of cheesy sweetcorn muffins for the morning, ordered some wild-caught cold-smoked king salmon fillets from Taku Smokeries in Alaska last week that showed up on Friday, picked up the fresh bagels, uglyripe tomatoes, sweet onions and cucumbers this morning, and had a stockpile of smoked salmon cream cheese laid away already – and some Galapagos coffee shade grown in volcanic soil ready for the grinder in the AM.

Then caught a late matinee of Django Unchained. It’s a stylishly bloody mess, but man, the Big Q is back with a vengeance. Samuel L. Jackson as only Tarantino could write him. Christopher Waltz as my favorite bounty hunter since Rooster Cogburn. Leonardo DiCaprio, obnoxious. Shocking, eh? Jamie Fox, perfect. Highly recommended for my fellow sadists and cinemaphiles.

Tonight, out to the causeway to watch the fireworks over Biscayne Bay.

All this, and a tentative fiscal cliff deal too.

• historiophiliac - Dec 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Don’t forget your black-eyed peas, OG.

• indaburg - Dec 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM

To quote you: Boooo!

• historiophiliac - Dec 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Boooo!

(enjoy your wine & ice cream)

10. professormaddog31 - Dec 31, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Things come and go, times change, but one thing remains the same: I am 1,000,000% positive that the Cubs are going to sap my will to live. Although the Braves should be okay. Let’s hope, at least…

I’m gonna pop ze bubbly with the ol’ spousal unit, booze up the eggnog and eat some cocktail shrimp. From the frozen wilds of Wisconsin, I wish you a safe and prosperous 2013.

11. DelawarePhilliesFan - Dec 31, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Final post of 2012, best wishes to all: not just to those of us in Red, but also to the Natified ones, Philllies trollers, Braun Fans, and other assorted fans. Great year, and lets get at it in 2013!

12. Minoring In Baseball - Jan 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Years! 2013 is shaping up to be a great one for us baseball fans. The season can’t start soon enough for me!
    -Mike