Dec 31, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
The day is turning into evening, and as there appears to be nothing happening baseball-wise at the moment, I’m going to go have a big, big New Year’s Eve: some dinner, some hanging out with the kids and then fighting like hell to stay awake past 10PM (I gave up on the idea of midnight the moment I woke up at 5AM this morning).
Obviously if any baseball stuff happens this evening we’ll let you know, but for now I wanted to thank all of you for a great 2012 and wish you all a happy 2013.
In the extremely likely event you have a more exciting night planned than I do, please be safe. I’ll be back talking to you tomorrow as if it weren’t a new year and all that exciting stuff.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)