Dec 31, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The day is turning into evening, and as there appears to be nothing happening baseball-wise at the moment, I’m going to go have a big, big New Year’s Eve: some dinner, some hanging out with the kids and then fighting like hell to stay awake past 10PM (I gave up on the idea of midnight the moment I woke up at 5AM this morning).
Obviously if any baseball stuff happens this evening we’ll let you know, but for now I wanted to thank all of you for a great 2012 and wish you all a happy 2013.
In the extremely likely event you have a more exciting night planned than I do, please be safe. I’ll be back talking to you tomorrow as if it weren’t a new year and all that exciting stuff.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)