Dec 31, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The day is turning into evening, and as there appears to be nothing happening baseball-wise at the moment, I’m going to go have a big, big New Year’s Eve: some dinner, some hanging out with the kids and then fighting like hell to stay awake past 10PM (I gave up on the idea of midnight the moment I woke up at 5AM this morning).
Obviously if any baseball stuff happens this evening we’ll let you know, but for now I wanted to thank all of you for a great 2012 and wish you all a happy 2013.
In the extremely likely event you have a more exciting night planned than I do, please be safe. I’ll be back talking to you tomorrow as if it weren’t a new year and all that exciting stuff.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)