Dec 31, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Betancourt hit .228/.256/.400 with seven homers last season and has long been a defensive liability at short, even if he does find himself on highlight reels with the occasional spectacular play a couple times a year. Now that a team who was thinking about him at third base is out of the picture, it may be a bit harder for him to find a home.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)