Dec 31, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Betancourt hit .228/.256/.400 with seven homers last season and has long been a defensive liability at short, even if he does find himself on highlight reels with the occasional spectacular play a couple times a year. Now that a team who was thinking about him at third base is out of the picture, it may be a bit harder for him to find a home.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)