Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Matt Lindstrom has drawn surprisingly little (reported) interest as a free agent for a guy who was a closer not so long ago and has a 2.85 ERA during the past two seasons.
However, according to Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun the Orioles are “among several teams” making an effort to sign the 33-year-old reliever, which is noteworthy because they had him for most of last season before trading Lindstrom to the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders in late August.
Connelly reports that the Orioles are also trying to re-sign Saunders.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)