Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Matt Lindstrom has drawn surprisingly little (reported) interest as a free agent for a guy who was a closer not so long ago and has a 2.85 ERA during the past two seasons.
However, according to Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun the Orioles are “among several teams” making an effort to sign the 33-year-old reliever, which is noteworthy because they had him for most of last season before trading Lindstrom to the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders in late August.
Connelly reports that the Orioles are also trying to re-sign Saunders.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (188)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)