Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Matt Lindstrom has drawn surprisingly little (reported) interest as a free agent for a guy who was a closer not so long ago and has a 2.85 ERA during the past two seasons.
However, according to Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun the Orioles are “among several teams” making an effort to sign the 33-year-old reliever, which is noteworthy because they had him for most of last season before trading Lindstrom to the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders in late August.
Connelly reports that the Orioles are also trying to re-sign Saunders.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47