Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Matt Lindstrom has drawn surprisingly little (reported) interest as a free agent for a guy who was a closer not so long ago and has a 2.85 ERA during the past two seasons.
However, according to Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun the Orioles are “among several teams” making an effort to sign the 33-year-old reliever, which is noteworthy because they had him for most of last season before trading Lindstrom to the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders in late August.
Connelly reports that the Orioles are also trying to re-sign Saunders.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)