Jan 1, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Matt Lindstrom has drawn surprisingly little (reported) interest as a free agent for a guy who was a closer not so long ago and has a 2.85 ERA during the past two seasons.
However, according to Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun the Orioles are “among several teams” making an effort to sign the 33-year-old reliever, which is noteworthy because they had him for most of last season before trading Lindstrom to the Diamondbacks for Joe Saunders in late August.
Connelly reports that the Orioles are also trying to re-sign Saunders.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)