Jan 1, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
The exact financial details haven’t been disclosed.
Price, a Super Two qualifier who’s arbitration-eligible for the second time, turned in a dominant 2.56 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 8.7 K/9 in 31 starts last season for Tampa Bay en route to capturing Cy Young Award honors in the American League. He was named an All-Star in July and wound up with a few MVP votes.
The 27-year-old southpaw is not eligible for free agency until after the 2015 campaign. He owns a 3.16 career ERA through four-plus MLB seasons.
UPDATE, 7:47 PM: According to Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times, Price will get “just over $10 million” in 2013. That’s more than double the $4.35 million he made last season in his first year of salary arbitration.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)