Jan 1, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Man, Toronto is signing everyone!
— Mel Antonen (@MelAntonen) December 31, 2012
The guys at Drunk Jays Fans say that the Jays have not had anyone in this position before. It seems to me that a base-running coach would be an awesome investment for any team because while speed is obviously important, so much about base-running is about skill. Reading pitchers’ moves and the like. Just look at how many super fast dudes have low stolen base percentages.
In any event, it’ll be good to see Raines — a guy whose base-running skills are nearly unmatched in recent history — back with a major league team.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)