Jan 1, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Man, Toronto is signing everyone!
— Mel Antonen (@MelAntonen) December 31, 2012
The guys at Drunk Jays Fans say that the Jays have not had anyone in this position before. It seems to me that a base-running coach would be an awesome investment for any team because while speed is obviously important, so much about base-running is about skill. Reading pitchers’ moves and the like. Just look at how many super fast dudes have low stolen base percentages.
In any event, it’ll be good to see Raines — a guy whose base-running skills are nearly unmatched in recent history — back with a major league team.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 60
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)