Jan 1, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Man, Toronto is signing everyone!
— Mel Antonen (@MelAntonen) December 31, 2012
The guys at Drunk Jays Fans say that the Jays have not had anyone in this position before. It seems to me that a base-running coach would be an awesome investment for any team because while speed is obviously important, so much about base-running is about skill. Reading pitchers’ moves and the like. Just look at how many super fast dudes have low stolen base percentages.
In any event, it’ll be good to see Raines — a guy whose base-running skills are nearly unmatched in recent history — back with a major league team.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 8
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)