Jan 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
One week after Andruw Jones was arrested on Christmas for allegedly abusing his wife Nicole Jones has filed for divorce, according to the Associated Press.
As part of the divorce complaint Nicole Jones called the 10-year marriage “irretrievably broken” and she’s requested primary custody of their 9-year-old son in addition to wanting a judge to declare their prenuptial agreement null and void.
Via the police report, Jones is accused of dragging his wife down a staircase by her ankles after she tried to get away from him, grabbing her neck, and threatening to kill her following a Christmas eve party.
Police described Jones’ wife as having “visible injuries” when they arrived on the scene and Nicole Jones told them the incident began after she asked for Jones’ help assembling a computer table.
Despite the arrest Jones’ new team in Japan, the Rakuten Eagles, issued a statement saying they plan to go through with their one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)