Jan 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
One week after Andruw Jones was arrested on Christmas for allegedly abusing his wife Nicole Jones has filed for divorce, according to the Associated Press.
As part of the divorce complaint Nicole Jones called the 10-year marriage “irretrievably broken” and she’s requested primary custody of their 9-year-old son in addition to wanting a judge to declare their prenuptial agreement null and void.
Via the police report, Jones is accused of dragging his wife down a staircase by her ankles after she tried to get away from him, grabbing her neck, and threatening to kill her following a Christmas eve party.
Police described Jones’ wife as having “visible injuries” when they arrived on the scene and Nicole Jones told them the incident began after she asked for Jones’ help assembling a computer table.
Despite the arrest Jones’ new team in Japan, the Rakuten Eagles, issued a statement saying they plan to go through with their one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)