Jan 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
One week after Andruw Jones was arrested on Christmas for allegedly abusing his wife Nicole Jones has filed for divorce, according to the Associated Press.
As part of the divorce complaint Nicole Jones called the 10-year marriage “irretrievably broken” and she’s requested primary custody of their 9-year-old son in addition to wanting a judge to declare their prenuptial agreement null and void.
Via the police report, Jones is accused of dragging his wife down a staircase by her ankles after she tried to get away from him, grabbing her neck, and threatening to kill her following a Christmas eve party.
Police described Jones’ wife as having “visible injuries” when they arrived on the scene and Nicole Jones told them the incident began after she asked for Jones’ help assembling a computer table.
Despite the arrest Jones’ new team in Japan, the Rakuten Eagles, issued a statement saying they plan to go through with their one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 35
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 48
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)