Jan 2, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
One week after Andruw Jones was arrested on Christmas for allegedly abusing his wife Nicole Jones has filed for divorce, according to the Associated Press.
As part of the divorce complaint Nicole Jones called the 10-year marriage “irretrievably broken” and she’s requested primary custody of their 9-year-old son in addition to wanting a judge to declare their prenuptial agreement null and void.
Via the police report, Jones is accused of dragging his wife down a staircase by her ankles after she tried to get away from him, grabbing her neck, and threatening to kill her following a Christmas eve party.
Police described Jones’ wife as having “visible injuries” when they arrived on the scene and Nicole Jones told them the incident began after she asked for Jones’ help assembling a computer table.
Despite the arrest Jones’ new team in Japan, the Rakuten Eagles, issued a statement saying they plan to go through with their one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (150)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)