Jan 2, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reported yesterday that the Indians and Brett Myers had reached agreement on a one-year deal. This morning he reports the contract’s value: $7 million. As mentioned last night, the contract includes an option for 2014.
At best: Myers becomes a serviceable starter for the Tribe who, if they don’t contend, would be a pretty appealing trade chit at the deadline. Or, alternatively, Chris Perez gets dealt and Myers could close again. At worst: he flames out somehow, and still represents a relatively modest outlay for a pitcher in this market.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)