Jan 2, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reported yesterday that the Indians and Brett Myers had reached agreement on a one-year deal. This morning he reports the contract’s value: $7 million. As mentioned last night, the contract includes an option for 2014.
At best: Myers becomes a serviceable starter for the Tribe who, if they don’t contend, would be a pretty appealing trade chit at the deadline. Or, alternatively, Chris Perez gets dealt and Myers could close again. At worst: he flames out somehow, and still represents a relatively modest outlay for a pitcher in this market.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)