Jan 2, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reported yesterday that the Indians and Brett Myers had reached agreement on a one-year deal. This morning he reports the contract’s value: $7 million. As mentioned last night, the contract includes an option for 2014.
At best: Myers becomes a serviceable starter for the Tribe who, if they don’t contend, would be a pretty appealing trade chit at the deadline. Or, alternatively, Chris Perez gets dealt and Myers could close again. At worst: he flames out somehow, and still represents a relatively modest outlay for a pitcher in this market.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11