Jan 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
There has been chatter that the Marlins will listen to offers for their unhappy, pre-arbitration slugging phenom Giancarlo Stanton, but the odds of such a deal are insanely low, Ken Rosenthal reports:
Lots of interest in #Marlins’ Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are “as close to zero as they can be.”
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 2, 2013
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
UPDATE: Sorry I originally wrote “Mike Stanton” here. Just dumb, auto-pilot habit on my part.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29