Jan 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
There has been chatter that the Marlins will listen to offers for their unhappy, pre-arbitration slugging phenom Giancarlo Stanton, but the odds of such a deal are insanely low, Ken Rosenthal reports:
Lots of interest in #Marlins’ Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are “as close to zero as they can be.”
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 2, 2013
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
UPDATE: Sorry I originally wrote “Mike Stanton” here. Just dumb, auto-pilot habit on my part.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 19
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 43
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (106)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)