Jan 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
There has been chatter that the Marlins will listen to offers for their unhappy, pre-arbitration slugging phenom Giancarlo Stanton, but the odds of such a deal are insanely low, Ken Rosenthal reports:
Lots of interest in #Marlins’ Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are “as close to zero as they can be.”
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 2, 2013
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
UPDATE: Sorry I originally wrote “Mike Stanton” here. Just dumb, auto-pilot habit on my part.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)