Jan 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
There has been chatter that the Marlins will listen to offers for their unhappy, pre-arbitration slugging phenom Giancarlo Stanton, but the odds of such a deal are insanely low, Ken Rosenthal reports:
Lots of interest in #Marlins’ Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are “as close to zero as they can be.”
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 2, 2013
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
UPDATE: Sorry I originally wrote “Mike Stanton” here. Just dumb, auto-pilot habit on my part.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40