Jan 2, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
There has been chatter that the Marlins will listen to offers for their unhappy, pre-arbitration slugging phenom Giancarlo Stanton, but the odds of such a deal are insanely low, Ken Rosenthal reports:
Lots of interest in #Marlins’ Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are “as close to zero as they can be.”
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 2, 2013
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
UPDATE: Sorry I originally wrote “Mike Stanton” here. Just dumb, auto-pilot habit on my part.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39