Jan 2, 2013, 7:25 AM EDT
“Is this Heaven?”
The purchase of the “Field of Dreams” movie site in eastern Iowa has been completed.
The investors group Go the Distance Baseball LLC says it closed last week on the deal reached with owners Don and Becky Lansing. The final price was $3.4 million plus interest. It was listed for $5.4 million more than two years ago when it went on the market.
The purchasers plan to build as many as 24 youth baseball fields on site in order to hold tournaments. If that doesn’t pan out, word is that the purchasers’ brother-in-law will strongly advise them to plant corn to stave off bankruptcy.
No matter what happens, this is bound to be a totally overrated real estate deal that everyone says they love anyway.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 0
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 18
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4