Jan 2, 2013, 7:25 AM EST
“Is this Heaven?”
The purchase of the “Field of Dreams” movie site in eastern Iowa has been completed.
The investors group Go the Distance Baseball LLC says it closed last week on the deal reached with owners Don and Becky Lansing. The final price was $3.4 million plus interest. It was listed for $5.4 million more than two years ago when it went on the market.
The purchasers plan to build as many as 24 youth baseball fields on site in order to hold tournaments. If that doesn’t pan out, word is that the purchasers’ brother-in-law will strongly advise them to plant corn to stave off bankruptcy.
No matter what happens, this is bound to be a totally overrated real estate deal that everyone says they love anyway.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 6
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 51
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)