Jan 2, 2013, 7:25 AM EDT
“Is this Heaven?”
The purchase of the “Field of Dreams” movie site in eastern Iowa has been completed.
The investors group Go the Distance Baseball LLC says it closed last week on the deal reached with owners Don and Becky Lansing. The final price was $3.4 million plus interest. It was listed for $5.4 million more than two years ago when it went on the market.
The purchasers plan to build as many as 24 youth baseball fields on site in order to hold tournaments. If that doesn’t pan out, word is that the purchasers’ brother-in-law will strongly advise them to plant corn to stave off bankruptcy.
No matter what happens, this is bound to be a totally overrated real estate deal that everyone says they love anyway.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 62
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)