Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Russ Canzler was designated for assignment by the Indians last month and promptly claimed by Toronto.
But now the 26-year-old is returning to Cleveland.
Canzler batted just .269/.299/.498 in 97 plate appearances last year in the majors, but he won MVP honors at the Triple-A level in 2011 after posting a .938 OPS, 18 homers and 83 RBI in 131 games for the Durham Bulls — an affiliate of the Rays. He could see action at DH in 2013 with the Indians.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)