Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
Russ Canzler was designated for assignment by the Indians last month and promptly claimed by Toronto.
But now the 26-year-old is returning to Cleveland.
Canzler batted just .269/.299/.498 in 97 plate appearances last year in the majors, but he won MVP honors at the Triple-A level in 2011 after posting a .938 OPS, 18 homers and 83 RBI in 131 games for the Durham Bulls — an affiliate of the Rays. He could see action at DH in 2013 with the Indians.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)