Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Russ Canzler was designated for assignment by the Indians last month and promptly claimed by Toronto.
But now the 26-year-old is returning to Cleveland.
Canzler batted just .269/.299/.498 in 97 plate appearances last year in the majors, but he won MVP honors at the Triple-A level in 2011 after posting a .938 OPS, 18 homers and 83 RBI in 131 games for the Durham Bulls — an affiliate of the Rays. He could see action at DH in 2013 with the Indians.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)