Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Russ Canzler was designated for assignment by the Indians last month and promptly claimed by Toronto.
But now the 26-year-old is returning to Cleveland.
Canzler batted just .269/.299/.498 in 97 plate appearances last year in the majors, but he won MVP honors at the Triple-A level in 2011 after posting a .938 OPS, 18 homers and 83 RBI in 131 games for the Durham Bulls — an affiliate of the Rays. He could see action at DH in 2013 with the Indians.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)