Jan 2, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Last week FOX purchased Sportstime Ohio and the right to broadcast Indians games and now we have some details about the deal, with Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reporting that the Indians are expected to get $400 million for 10 seasons.
According to Hoynes the Indians received $33 million in 2012, so the new deal represents an increase of more than 20 percent in revenue and puts them solidly ahead of teams like the AL Central rival Twins in terms of local television revenue.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)