Jan 2, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I typically don’t make New Year’s resolutions because they’re always boring and banal. I always want to get in better shape, write more and travel. I wish I was more creative. Like Jose Canseco was with his New Year’s resolutions this year, announced on his Twitter account by saying “Here are my new years resolutions top ten what are yours”.
And no, I didn’t mistype these. He had two number fives, which I think is a pretty clever way to show that he’s into these resolutions 110%!
1. spend more time with my daughter
2. get stronger and fitter
3. help people who are getting screwed wherever i can
4. return to pro baseball as player or manager and have dinners with McGwire, La Russa, Bonds, and Selig.
5. Fight Shaq in MMA cage match
5. develop and launch Ponce de CAnseco a real anti aging drink
6. Get elected to a important political office in the U.S. or canada to help all people and governments with there problems
7. Become a world class entreprenur and found at least two great companies that make peoples lives better and funner
8. Write a third book and do a move deal for Juiced!
9. Do at least 100 promotional deals for good companies and products like Animal Rights, Human health, Environmental, and Beer companies
10. Use position as A List entertainer doing reality, TV, movies, blogs, columns, appearances to be able to do more charity
Laugh all you want, but you can’t say Canseco isn’t ambitious.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
I don’t know the real Brian Wilson, but even if this isn’t it, remember: we are what we pretend to be.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Nick Franklin lost his job to Robinson Cano, but now he’s headed back to Seattle.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Kicked off by an anecdote you probably won’t believe.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Seinfeld” starting on NBC the Mets’ Single-A affiliate, the Brooklyn Cyclones of the New York-Penn League, are hosting a “Seinfeld Night” at the ballpark on July 5.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Already down an outfielder following Josh Hamilton’s thumb injury, the Angels have placed Kole Calhoun on the disabled list after he injured his ankle last night.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
The table on which the money is placed in Seattle is going to go into the table Hall of Fame. Same Hall of Fame that has that one in New York Cliff Lee left all that money on. Underrated Hall of Fame, really.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Hall of Famer George Brett and Lorde are buddies now, because why wouldn’t they be?
Apr 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:18 AM EDT
He’s not wrong, you know.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Some aches and pains for the Mets’ staff.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If this is followed by an immediate long term deal for Springer, it tells us something pretty significant.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
From Tim Britton of the Providence Journal comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli was removed from Tuesday night’s series-opener against the White Sox with a dislocation of his left ring finger. X-rays were negative, meaning he does not have a fracture.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Josh Johnson’s arm injury woes continue. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, the right-handed starter is still being bothered by discomfort in his forearm and will be examined next week by Dr. James Andrews.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continued his recovery from a teres major muscle strain on Tuesday, throwing a bullpen session with improved fastball velocity.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes was pulled from the club’s season-opener with tightness in his left hamstring. He is expected to return to action this Friday.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings and with the Red Sox in town for a three-game series, the White Sox wore these “Boston Strong” shirts during pregame warmups Tuesday …
Apr 15, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Mariners top pitching prospect Taijuan Walker was scheduled to make one final rehab start on Tuesday at Triple-A Tacoma before joining the major league starting rotation. But that plan can now be torched.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson is not in the Mets’ starting lineup against the host Diamondbacks because of minor rib cage, forearm, and knee injuries that he sustained in a collision with the outfield wall on Monday, but he will be sporting these custom cleats on the bench …
Apr 15, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
According to beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos got the stitches removed from his surgically-repaired left hand on Tuesday afternoon and has now been cleared to begin basic rehab activities.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)