Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
I think the only time we at HBT ever talk about Scott Proctor is when he signs a minor league deal someplace. So in that spirit, let us note that Scott Proctor has signed a minor league deal someplace. From the TC Palm:
Veteran Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher Scott Proctor has agreed to terms with the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants, according to his agent, Mark Rodgers.
Proctor was out of the bigs in 2012, playing for the Doosan Bears in the Korean Baseball Organization. He saved 35 games in 57 appearances with a 1.79 ERA over there for what it’s worth. Probably not a lot given the level of competition but it does suggest that he was healthy in order to take the ball that often, and that’s worth something for a guy who had his arm shredded like Proctor did back in the day.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27