Jan 2, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Seattle Mariners have called the Los Angeles Dodgers repeatedly about Andre Ethier, and while the Dodgers’ intention is to open the season with him as their right fielder, they have told other teams all winter that they’re always willing to listen to offers. As of now, the Mariners haven’t been moved to present any, sources say.
If they’re not making offers, what are they saying on those calls?
I really don’t understand trade rumors sometimes.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)