Jan 3, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
It was OK to say “hey, he knows the guy” the first eleventeen times Dayton Moore signed or traded for a former Brave. Now it’s just a fetish:
— Bob Dutton (@Royals_Report) January 3, 2013
OK, I’m just kidding about the fetish thing. I’m sure Moore would want Boyer, Josh Anderson, Wilson Betemit, Gregor Blanco, Melky Cabrera, Jesse Chavez, Bruce Chen, Roman Colon, Juan Cruz, Kyle Davies, Kyle Farnsworth, Jeff Francouer, Luis Hernandez, Anthony Lerew, Ron Mahay, Brayan Pena, Tony Pena, Jr., Odalis Perez and Horacio Ramirez no matter which teams they used to play for.
Shoutout to this Royals Zone post from two years ago for that list of former Braves who did time with the Royals. I’m guessing a couple more have been added to that list since then.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)