Jan 3, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
UPDATE: According to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Rangers, Mariners and Braves have all expressed strong interest in Upton.
4:02 PM: It’s been a while since Justin Upton rumors were swirling, so Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the Diamondbacks are “very much open again to talking about trading Upton with other teams.”
That’s some interesting language from Olney and falls pretty short of saying Arizona is actively shopping Upton or even actively fielding offers on Upton. But considering reports like that have been surfacing every month or so for going on two years now none of it is surprising.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 6
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 38
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 31
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)