Jan 3, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Hey babies, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. In other news, Sergio Romo happened in Las Vegas, and then got to stay a little longer than he had planned:
World Series hero Sergio Romo was handcuffed New Year’s Day at the Las Vegas airport … TMZ has learned — after allegedly becoming belligerent with a TSA officer. Law enforcement sources tell us, the San Francisco Giants pitcher was detained by cops because he couldn’t provide the proper ID to clear security.
I guess he just looked illegal?
Anyway, Romo was allegedly “angry and aggressive.” Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Romo was under the influence. Not sure about the drunk part, but he is a closer and people tell me that they need to be angry and aggressive.
Meanwhile, Brian Wilson is sitting in a darkened study someplace, pondering his next move.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)