Jan 3, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Hey babies, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. In other news, Sergio Romo happened in Las Vegas, and then got to stay a little longer than he had planned:
World Series hero Sergio Romo was handcuffed New Year’s Day at the Las Vegas airport … TMZ has learned — after allegedly becoming belligerent with a TSA officer. Law enforcement sources tell us, the San Francisco Giants pitcher was detained by cops because he couldn’t provide the proper ID to clear security.
I guess he just looked illegal?
Anyway, Romo was allegedly “angry and aggressive.” Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Romo was under the influence. Not sure about the drunk part, but he is a closer and people tell me that they need to be angry and aggressive.
Meanwhile, Brian Wilson is sitting in a darkened study someplace, pondering his next move.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)