Jan 3, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Hey babies, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. In other news, Sergio Romo happened in Las Vegas, and then got to stay a little longer than he had planned:
World Series hero Sergio Romo was handcuffed New Year’s Day at the Las Vegas airport … TMZ has learned — after allegedly becoming belligerent with a TSA officer. Law enforcement sources tell us, the San Francisco Giants pitcher was detained by cops because he couldn’t provide the proper ID to clear security.
I guess he just looked illegal?
Anyway, Romo was allegedly “angry and aggressive.” Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Romo was under the influence. Not sure about the drunk part, but he is a closer and people tell me that they need to be angry and aggressive.
Meanwhile, Brian Wilson is sitting in a darkened study someplace, pondering his next move.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)