Sergio Romo detained at Las Vegas airport on New Year’s Day

Jan 3, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT

Sergio Romo shirt Getty Images

Hey babies, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. In other news, Sergio Romo happened in Las Vegas, and then got to stay a little longer than he had planned:

World Series hero Sergio Romo was handcuffed New Year’s Day at the Las Vegas airport  … TMZ has learned — after allegedly becoming belligerent with a TSA officer. Law enforcement sources tell us, the San Francisco Giants pitcher was detained by cops because he couldn’t provide the proper ID to clear security.

I guess he just looked illegal?

Anyway, Romo was allegedly “angry and aggressive.” Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Romo was under the influence.  Not sure about the drunk part, but he is a closer and people tell me that they need to be angry and aggressive.

Meanwhile, Brian Wilson is sitting in a darkened study someplace, pondering his next move.

1. alexo0 - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Black ops, baby. No one messes with The Beard.

2. dondada10 - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

“I guess he just looked illegal?”

Somebody’s in a troll mood today.

• cur68 - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

See the pic of Romo? Well, read the shirt, Don. This was straight up grit-level blogging and Calc lined it for a stand up single. He was clutch, I tells ya!

• scatterbrian - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Or maybe somebody’s riffing on the t-shirt Romo is wearing in the picture above?

• dondada10 - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I hang my head in shame, internet.

3. El Bravo - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I honestly wonder aloud, I mean in type via the internet, whether the TSA officers thought his beard suspicious or “Muslim looking” for lack of a better term. Wouldn’t that be cute?

• cur68 - Jan 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Happens to me all the time and I don’t even have a beard. I am, however, darker than Romo and so dangerous looking that women swoon. I BAD, baby!

• kiwicricket - Jan 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

It’s not you the women swoon for, it’s the shoes.

• historiophiliac - Jan 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Oh, yeah, a black dude in a beaver t-shirt humming “A modern day warrior/mean mean stride” travelling from Canada — not at all suspicious. lol

• cur68 - Jan 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

My shoes ARE badazz, true. And lemme tells ya, when I am singing Rush I gots to hit the ladies with a big club to keep them away. Good thing I was born ready in the big club department.

• historiophiliac - Jan 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

milk farts don’t count

4. goawaydog - Jan 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM

somehow he managed to get to Vegas without proper ID and with out getting arrested. I doubt he drove if he was flying out.

• schlom - Jan 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Or he lost it while he was there.

5. Francisco (FC) - Jan 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I’m guessing it’s something like this: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2005/123/7/a/Evil_Fire_Bug_by_ObsidianX.jpg

6. randygnyc - Jan 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Nice profiling comment. Typical liberal remark. Could’ve been valid had he had the required, proper id. Except he didn’t. Good news for the democrats, he can still vote.

• nworca - Jan 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Typical way to make a joke, considering Romo’s T-Shirt, or don’t you have a sense of humor?

• bayarea510 - Jan 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Way to make yourself look like a giant d-bag. Maybe you should slow your roll and actually take a look at the shirt Romo is wearing the picture…you know the shirt that says “I just look Illegal”

• koufaxmitzvah - Jan 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Bad news for Randy: 49,000 people in Florida decided the lines were too long to vote on Election Day, and Obama still carried that state.

We’re getting political here, right?

• jimeejohnson - Jan 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Randy’s like all right wing NUTS: he just can’t help sounding stupid when it comes to social issues. Randy should stick to things he knows, like baseball.

• stlouis1baseball - Jan 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Touche Sandy. But you gotta’ admit…Randy has a point with regards to his vote comment.
        In fact…regardless of whether like it or not…dude is dead on.

• koufaxmitzvah - Jan 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I don’t know about that, Lou. Randy’s comment seemed more of the fear mongering type than an actual criticism of US election law. When it finally came down, voter fraud cases were miniscule, and just about all of them dealt with Friends of Republicans trying to find loopholes.

Case in point was that brat James O’Keefe trying to vote with a dead person’s name in New Hampshire during the primary.

7. blabidibla - Jan 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Proper ID can be subjective. I was once delayed a half hour because my ticket was listed as Pete instead of Peter, as was listed on my driver’s licence. Still, I wasn’t handcuffed for becoming belligerent.

• kiwicricket - Jan 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Chalk it up to experience and good luck. I normally have to pay to be handcuffed by a woman after becoming belligerent…

8. Jonny 5 - Jan 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

The first thing Brian Wilson should ponder is shaving that ridiculous beard off. I almost hate that thing! Anyway, for some reason it looks good on Romo. Tough luck at the airport Romo, Dems da breaks sometimes man.

9. modellforprez - Jan 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Booooooooooooooo. Booooooooooooooo. Booooooooooooooo.

10. iladel90 - Jan 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Check out this fun free baseball game

Create & train players or run a team.

11. fasteddy415 - Jan 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Show of hands…how many of you left Vegas drunk of your ass from a night out partying? A new years party at that! Kid is single a 2x World Champ…living it up! And a great community guy! And i understand because i had a similar incident once. Notice how I said once. I’m sure he will learn from it. GO GIANTS!

• bayarea510 - Jan 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Actually he is married with two kids…but Married people with kids like to live it up in Vegas too.

12. barroomhero80 - Jan 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Should have broke his throwing arm officer

13. db105 - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Since when did TSA’s ask drivers for ID?

• mazblast - Jan 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

They don’t but you need ID to get through security. You’re supposed to have ID if you check in at the airline counter, too.

I flew in and out of LV less than two weeks ago. I think the TSA folks there are more prone to putting up with intoxicated people than at most airports, but nowhere will they tolerate belligerence or the lack of identification.

14. baymac408 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM

WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!! GO GIANTS!!!!

15. klundpaiy - Apr 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Save money by eliminating extra service fees! Email social@ticketclub.com for a limited time only for a free membership to Ticket Club!

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2928)