Jan 3, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
For the third straight year friend of the blog Graham Womack has compiled a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. Well, he and 148 voters did it. And then scores of excellent baseball writers wrote blurbs about the should-be enshrinees.
The top vote-getter: Tim Raines. But really, there are a ton of worthy guys not in. More than a dozen who are on this year’s real Hall of Fame ballot and won’t be voted in, by the way.
As always, good stuff. Check it out.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 5
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)