Jan 3, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
For the third straight year friend of the blog Graham Womack has compiled a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. Well, he and 148 voters did it. And then scores of excellent baseball writers wrote blurbs about the should-be enshrinees.
The top vote-getter: Tim Raines. But really, there are a ton of worthy guys not in. More than a dozen who are on this year’s real Hall of Fame ballot and won’t be voted in, by the way.
As always, good stuff. Check it out.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)