Jan 3, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
For the third straight year friend of the blog Graham Womack has compiled a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. Well, he and 148 voters did it. And then scores of excellent baseball writers wrote blurbs about the should-be enshrinees.
The top vote-getter: Tim Raines. But really, there are a ton of worthy guys not in. More than a dozen who are on this year’s real Hall of Fame ballot and won’t be voted in, by the way.
As always, good stuff. Check it out.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)