Jan 3, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
I tweeted about this last week when I first saw it, but now I gotta post about it because, thanks to the girlfriend who got it for me as a surprise post-Christmas gift, I now have one of these hanging on the wall of the lair here in my fortified compound:
Isn’t that the coolest? It’s 12″x12″ and, having had it for all of ten minutes, it has already became my favorite bit of baseball art I own.
They’re made by a guy in Louisville named Jeremy Reiss. If you want one, you can order it here. I believe he’s working on a pitching one now, so you can bet I’ll be snagging one of those when they’re done.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go stare at this thing all day.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)