Jan 3, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
According to an industry source, the Red Sox are slated to scout right-hander Javier Vazquez when he pitches for Caguas of the Puerto Rican Winter League on Friday.
Personally I don’t want to see Vazquez sign in the AL East simply because it will cause everyone to dwell inordinately on his tough times with the Yankees. Which, sure, they happened, but are pretty unrepresentative of his quite good 14-year career and I hate it when we allow one bit of failure overshadow considerable success in our analysis of a guy.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)