Jan 3, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
According to an industry source, the Red Sox are slated to scout right-hander Javier Vazquez when he pitches for Caguas of the Puerto Rican Winter League on Friday.
Personally I don’t want to see Vazquez sign in the AL East simply because it will cause everyone to dwell inordinately on his tough times with the Yankees. Which, sure, they happened, but are pretty unrepresentative of his quite good 14-year career and I hate it when we allow one bit of failure overshadow considerable success in our analysis of a guy.
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 13
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)