Jan 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Back when the Yankees announced on December 3 that Rodriguez needed surgery the stated plan was that he’d go under the knife at some point in January, so nothing has really changed there. Surgery was delayed in order for Rodriguez to build up the necessary strength for the recovery process, which figures to stretch deep into the first half of the season and could put his entire 2013 in jeopardy.
Martin reports that Rodriguez won’t have the surgery “until the middle of the month, at the earliest.”
With the likelihood that Rodriguez will be unavailable until June or later the Yankees signed Kevin Youkilis to a one-year, $12 million deal to replace him at third base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)