Jan 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Back when the Yankees announced on December 3 that Rodriguez needed surgery the stated plan was that he’d go under the knife at some point in January, so nothing has really changed there. Surgery was delayed in order for Rodriguez to build up the necessary strength for the recovery process, which figures to stretch deep into the first half of the season and could put his entire 2013 in jeopardy.
Martin reports that Rodriguez won’t have the surgery “until the middle of the month, at the earliest.”
With the likelihood that Rodriguez will be unavailable until June or later the Yankees signed Kevin Youkilis to a one-year, $12 million deal to replace him at third base.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)