Jan 4, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff, the consistent power producer and 2010 Giants hero derailed by an episode of panic attacks in 2012, is looking to make a comeback in 2013. ”He wants to play,” Huff’s attorney Ed Hayes said by phone. “He’s working out. It’s not a matter of physical issues. Nor is it a matter of mental issues, which he’s addressed.”
I suppose he’ll be able to snag a minor league deal someplace, but the fact is, he hit .192/.326/.282 in 2012, with his availability extremely limited due to both those mental issues his lawyer alludes to and injury. He is a defensive liability as well, and the DH/1B market is already full of guys looking for work.
Good luck to Huff, who is reputed to be a good egg and a good teammate. But I’d be rather surprised if he played in the bigs again.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17