Jan 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
So if Myers pitches well and stays healthy he’ll get $15 million for two seasons, which would be the same contract that free agent starters like Joe Blanton and Brandon McCarthy received. Except, of course, that if he pitches poorly or gets hurt the Indians are only on the hook for half of that.
Myers’ off-field history would probably make any team think twice about adding him, but purely in terms of his on-field value the Indians got themselves a very nice deal in a seller’s market for pitching.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (219)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)