Jan 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
So if Myers pitches well and stays healthy he’ll get $15 million for two seasons, which would be the same contract that free agent starters like Joe Blanton and Brandon McCarthy received. Except, of course, that if he pitches poorly or gets hurt the Indians are only on the hook for half of that.
Myers’ off-field history would probably make any team think twice about adding him, but purely in terms of his on-field value the Indians got themselves a very nice deal in a seller’s market for pitching.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)