Jan 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
So if Myers pitches well and stays healthy he’ll get $15 million for two seasons, which would be the same contract that free agent starters like Joe Blanton and Brandon McCarthy received. Except, of course, that if he pitches poorly or gets hurt the Indians are only on the hook for half of that.
Myers’ off-field history would probably make any team think twice about adding him, but purely in terms of his on-field value the Indians got themselves a very nice deal in a seller’s market for pitching.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)