Jan 4, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Remember back in August when that teenager was arrested at Busch stadium for aiming a laser pointer from a luxury box at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny? Yeah, I forgot about that too, but it happened.
I think the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did too, because they’re just today reporting that, back in mid-December, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to six months probation and 20 hours of community service. He also has to pay the Cardinals $500 in expenses. Not sure what those expenses actually were, but if it involved causing a delay to the game Josh Beckett had better hire a lawyer before the Dodgers play the Cardinals this year.
Anyway, if the kid — one Eric Bogard – completes his community service and stays out of trouble they’ll scrub his record. Oh, and the person in charge of the luxury box that day didn’t get off either. No legal charges were filed against her, but:
The night of the incident, Bogard was one of several teens police encountered in a suite owned by Mercy Health. Officers discovered unauthorized containers of alcohol and said the suite’s contact person, Marie Glancy, then an executive for Mercy Health, was “uncooperative.”
She resigned from her job soon after the incident.
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 0
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M