Jan 4, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Remember back in August when that teenager was arrested at Busch stadium for aiming a laser pointer from a luxury box at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny? Yeah, I forgot about that too, but it happened.
I think the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did too, because they’re just today reporting that, back in mid-December, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to six months probation and 20 hours of community service. He also has to pay the Cardinals $500 in expenses. Not sure what those expenses actually were, but if it involved causing a delay to the game Josh Beckett had better hire a lawyer before the Dodgers play the Cardinals this year.
Anyway, if the kid — one Eric Bogard — completes his community service and stays out of trouble they’ll scrub his record. Oh, and the person in charge of the luxury box that day didn’t get off either. No legal charges were filed against her, but:
The night of the incident, Bogard was one of several teens police encountered in a suite owned by Mercy Health. Officers discovered unauthorized containers of alcohol and said the suite’s contact person, Marie Glancy, then an executive for Mercy Health, was “uncooperative.”
She resigned from her job soon after the incident.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)