Jan 4, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Remember back in August when that teenager was arrested at Busch stadium for aiming a laser pointer from a luxury box at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny? Yeah, I forgot about that too, but it happened.
I think the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did too, because they’re just today reporting that, back in mid-December, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to six months probation and 20 hours of community service. He also has to pay the Cardinals $500 in expenses. Not sure what those expenses actually were, but if it involved causing a delay to the game Josh Beckett had better hire a lawyer before the Dodgers play the Cardinals this year.
Anyway, if the kid — one Eric Bogard – completes his community service and stays out of trouble they’ll scrub his record. Oh, and the person in charge of the luxury box that day didn’t get off either. No legal charges were filed against her, but:
The night of the incident, Bogard was one of several teens police encountered in a suite owned by Mercy Health. Officers discovered unauthorized containers of alcohol and said the suite’s contact person, Marie Glancy, then an executive for Mercy Health, was “uncooperative.”
She resigned from her job soon after the incident.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)