Jan 4, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
Remember back in August when that teenager was arrested at Busch stadium for aiming a laser pointer from a luxury box at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny? Yeah, I forgot about that too, but it happened.
I think the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did too, because they’re just today reporting that, back in mid-December, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to six months probation and 20 hours of community service. He also has to pay the Cardinals $500 in expenses. Not sure what those expenses actually were, but if it involved causing a delay to the game Josh Beckett had better hire a lawyer before the Dodgers play the Cardinals this year.
Anyway, if the kid — one Eric Bogard — completes his community service and stays out of trouble they’ll scrub his record. Oh, and the person in charge of the luxury box that day didn’t get off either. No legal charges were filed against her, but:
The night of the incident, Bogard was one of several teens police encountered in a suite owned by Mercy Health. Officers discovered unauthorized containers of alcohol and said the suite’s contact person, Marie Glancy, then an executive for Mercy Health, was “uncooperative.”
She resigned from her job soon after the incident.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)