Kid who aimed a laser pointer at players during a Cardinals game pleads guilty

Jan 4, 2013, 7:45 AM EST

Red dot

Remember back in August when that teenager was arrested at Busch stadium for aiming a laser pointer from a luxury box at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny?  Yeah, I forgot about that too, but it happened.

I think the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did too, because they’re just today reporting that, back in mid-December, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to six months probation and 20 hours of community service. He also has to pay the Cardinals $500 in expenses. Not sure what those expenses actually were, but if it involved causing a delay to the game Josh Beckett had better hire a lawyer before the Dodgers play the Cardinals this year.

Anyway, if the kid — one Eric Bogard — completes his community service and stays out of trouble they’ll scrub his record. Oh, and the person in charge of the luxury box that day didn’t get off either. No legal charges were filed against her, but:

The night of the incident, Bogard was one of several teens police encountered in a suite owned by Mercy Health. Officers discovered unauthorized containers of alcohol and said the suite’s contact person, Marie Glancy, then an executive for Mercy Health, was “uncooperative.”

She resigned from her job soon after the incident.

1. raysfan1 - Jan 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Sounds about right.

2. macjacmccoy - Jan 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Sounds ridiculous to me. Who presses charges against a kid with a laser pointer.

• samu0034 - Jan 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

People who don’t want their product ruined by one dipshit kid with a laser pointer. People who feel an obligation to provide an unsullied product to the non-dipshit people who paid for tickets to watch said product.

On the other hand, I think it seems awfully excessive that this Marie Glancy (if that is her real name) should have to lose her job because some dipshit kid with a laser pointer was misbehaving. Unless the implication is that she was providing alcohol to minors, or turning a blind eye to minor consumption.

• paperlions - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Yes, I believe getting caught facilitating the consumption of alcohol by minors in a public venue will probably get you fired from that job.

• Old Gator - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Especially a job with a health-related company.

• blackandbluedivision - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Those things can ruin your eye-sight. As for Marie Glancy. It was her companies suite and it was her job to manage what went on in that suite. You don’t let alcohol in there when there are minors. Whether she sold them to the kids or not. The KIDS shouldn’t have them!

3. nolasoxfan2012 - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I’m curious as to exactly what kind of laser pointer he was using. I’m guessing it wasn’t your standard pocket presentation pointer he was using, because they just don’t have all that great a range. If it was something more akin to what astronomers use to point out objects in the sky, that’s a big problem and could easily hurt someone.

4. stabonerichard - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

So some dude got arrested and some chick lost her job. Well it wasn’t all bad news, cuz while laser boy was doing his thing another teen was getting fresh with one of the other teens, bought her a churro in between vodka shots, and ended up losing his virginity that night.

5. modellforprez - Jan 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

reminds me of when I was 7-8 yrs old and screamed non stop at my parental units for my red ryder B B gun that goes without saying I never got. but now at 13 I got an arsenal

6. xjokerz - Jan 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

sounds like Owners / Players / Police need to remove the tampon from there rectum.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5908)