Jan 4, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Lance Berkman hates the DH and calls the AL a “Mickey Mouse” league, but it may be where he ends up, as Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rays and Orioles have “reached out” to Lance Berkman.
The Rangers have already shown interest in Berkman, and all three of those teams could use him in the DH role. The landing spot that he and many others may have hoped for — Houston — seems out of the question now that the Astros have signed Carlos Pena.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 6
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 8
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)