Jan 4, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Lance Berkman hates the DH and calls the AL a “Mickey Mouse” league, but it may be where he ends up, as Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rays and Orioles have “reached out” to Lance Berkman.
The Rangers have already shown interest in Berkman, and all three of those teams could use him in the DH role. The landing spot that he and many others may have hoped for — Houston — seems out of the question now that the Astros have signed Carlos Pena.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)