Jan 4, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Lance Berkman hates the DH and calls the AL a “Mickey Mouse” league, but it may be where he ends up, as Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rays and Orioles have “reached out” to Lance Berkman.
The Rangers have already shown interest in Berkman, and all three of those teams could use him in the DH role. The landing spot that he and many others may have hoped for — Houston — seems out of the question now that the Astros have signed Carlos Pena.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)