Jan 4, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Lance Berkman hates the DH and calls the AL a “Mickey Mouse” league, but it may be where he ends up, as Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rays and Orioles have “reached out” to Lance Berkman.
The Rangers have already shown interest in Berkman, and all three of those teams could use him in the DH role. The landing spot that he and many others may have hoped for — Houston — seems out of the question now that the Astros have signed Carlos Pena.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 31
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 6
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)