Jan 4, 2013, 8:36 AM EDT
All publicly-funded stadium projects stink, but some stink less than others. At least the one for Target Field hasn’t devolved into a horrifying mess like the ones in Miami, Cincinnati and elsewhere. In fact, it’s on pace to be paid off early:
For Target Field, Hennepin County’s initial plan was to make the final debt payment in 2037, but the payoff now could come five or 10 years sooner, according to county Budget and Finance Director Dave Lawless.
Too bad that $350 million in public funds couldn’t have been so efficiently directed to something besides a ballpark which
is owned by and directly benefits one of the richest families in the United States.
*Correction: The Pohlads lease Target Field. They still benefit greatly from it, of course.
May 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
GM says Hamilton “seems to be 100 percent” healthy.
May 5, 2015, 9:41 AM EDT
He’s also struck out ten times over that span, so he’s becoming Dave Kingman I guess.
May 5, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
With an interesting twist above the left field wall
May 5, 2015, 8:40 AM EDT
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 4, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
The Astros hadn’t lost a game since April 22.
May 4, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury when he ran into the wall along the left-field line while attempting to make a catch.
May 4, 2015, 10:13 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon’s long road back from a left knee sprain has hit a roadblock due to an oblique strain.
May 4, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Jeff Karstens hasn’t appeared in the majors since 2012 due to injury and today he took to Instagram to announce his retirement from baseball.
May 4, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
Jackson sprained his ankle during Sunday’s game and will require an extended absence.
May 4, 2015, 7:34 PM EDT
MLB brought the hammer down really hard on Blue Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby for an incident with the umpiring crew while the team was in Boston last week.
May 4, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Rays right-hander Alex Cobb has been sidelined since the middle of March due to forearm tendinitis and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back in the near future.
May 4, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
Ottavino finishes the season with a 0.00 ERA and 13/2 K/BB ratio in 10 innings.
May 4, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
The pitchers and rookies of the month were also named.
May 4, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Not so long ago Rosario was viewed as a very good prospect, but …
May 4, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Are we now to the “when,” rather than the “if” portion of the Rose reinstatement debate?
May 4, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
He’s being paid $15 million this season and is owed another $15 million in 2016.
May 4, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
And can we determine that in 21 games?
May 4, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
The Selig rule requires that requires that every club consider minority candidates for manager positions. There really wasn’t a search for Ron Roenicke’s replacement in Milwaukee.
May 4, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
0-4 with a 6.29 ERA.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)