Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
We’ve been hearing about this for a while, but Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Orioles could announce an extension with manager Buck Showalter early next week. Showalter met with Angelos several times last month to get the framework in place.
Showalter led the Orioles to their first playoff appearance since 1997 and has an overall record of 196-185 since taking over the job at the end of the 2010 season. Makes total sense to lock him up.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)