Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
We’ve been hearing about this for a while, but Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Orioles could announce an extension with manager Buck Showalter early next week. Showalter met with Angelos several times last month to get the framework in place.
Showalter led the Orioles to their first playoff appearance since 1997 and has an overall record of 196-185 since taking over the job at the end of the 2010 season. Makes total sense to lock him up.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (167)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)