Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
We’ve been hearing about this for a while, but Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Orioles could announce an extension with manager Buck Showalter early next week. Showalter met with Angelos several times last month to get the framework in place.
Showalter led the Orioles to their first playoff appearance since 1997 and has an overall record of 196-185 since taking over the job at the end of the 2010 season. Makes total sense to lock him up.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)