Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
We’ve been hearing about this for a while, but Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Orioles could announce an extension with manager Buck Showalter early next week. Showalter met with Angelos several times last month to get the framework in place.
Showalter led the Orioles to their first playoff appearance since 1997 and has an overall record of 196-185 since taking over the job at the end of the 2010 season. Makes total sense to lock him up.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)