Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
We’ve been hearing about this for a while, but Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Orioles could announce an extension with manager Buck Showalter early next week. Showalter met with Angelos several times last month to get the framework in place.
Showalter led the Orioles to their first playoff appearance since 1997 and has an overall record of 196-185 since taking over the job at the end of the 2010 season. Makes total sense to lock him up.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 28
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 96
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)