Jan 4, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Who declared it “Lance Berkman Day” around here? In any case, Ken Davidoff of the New York Post reports that the Yankees are the latest team to express interest in the veteran slugger, joining the Rangers, Astros, Orioles and Rays.
Of course, Berkman had a pretty miserable time after being traded from the Astros to the Yankees in 2010, as he batted just .255/.358/.349 with one homer and a .707 OPS in 37 games. It’s not clear whether he’d consider a return to New York given that he’s actively talking to both Texas teams. But hey, you can’t blame Brian Cashman for trying to infuse some youth into the roster.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 16
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 9
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 95
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)