Jan 5, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Saunders was originally seeking a four-year deal last month and is now looking for a three-year deal. While the 31-year-old southpaw told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he would “love to come back to Baltimore,” Encina hears that the O’s are prepared to walk away if he doesn’t lower his demands.
Saunders posted a 4.07 ERA and 112/39 K/BB ratio in 174 2/3 innings last season between the Diamondbacks and Orioles and has made at least 28 starts in five straight seasons. The Mariners, Mets, Padres and Twins are among the other teams who have expressed interest this winter.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)