Jan 5, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Saunders was originally seeking a four-year deal last month and is now looking for a three-year deal. While the 31-year-old southpaw told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he would “love to come back to Baltimore,” Encina hears that the O’s are prepared to walk away if he doesn’t lower his demands.
Saunders posted a 4.07 ERA and 112/39 K/BB ratio in 174 2/3 innings last season between the Diamondbacks and Orioles and has made at least 28 starts in five straight seasons. The Mariners, Mets, Padres and Twins are among the other teams who have expressed interest this winter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)