Jan 5, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Saunders was originally seeking a four-year deal last month and is now looking for a three-year deal. While the 31-year-old southpaw told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he would “love to come back to Baltimore,” Encina hears that the O’s are prepared to walk away if he doesn’t lower his demands.
Saunders posted a 4.07 ERA and 112/39 K/BB ratio in 174 2/3 innings last season between the Diamondbacks and Orioles and has made at least 28 starts in five straight seasons. The Mariners, Mets, Padres and Twins are among the other teams who have expressed interest this winter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)