Jan 5, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Rays, Nationals and Royals were also in attendance. For what it’s worth, the box score indicates that Vazquez pitched well, giving up just three hits over six shutout innings while striking out five and walking none. Rosenthal hears that he was clocked at 93 mph.
Vazquez, 36, had a 3.69 ERA and 162/50 K/BB ratio over 192 2/3 innings with the Marlins during his last stint in the majors in 2011. Given the crazy money being thrown around to starters this winter, he shouldn’t have a problem getting a guaranteed major league deal if he wants to return. Word is that he may not make a final decision until after he pitches for Puerto Rico in the upcoming World Baseball Classic, but he has a preference to pitch on the East Coast.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 39
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (115)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)