Jan 5, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Rays, Nationals and Royals were also in attendance. For what it’s worth, the box score indicates that Vazquez pitched well, giving up just three hits over six shutout innings while striking out five and walking none. Rosenthal hears that he was clocked at 93 mph.
Vazquez, 36, had a 3.69 ERA and 162/50 K/BB ratio over 192 2/3 innings with the Marlins during his last stint in the majors in 2011. Given the crazy money being thrown around to starters this winter, he shouldn’t have a problem getting a guaranteed major league deal if he wants to return. Word is that he may not make a final decision until after he pitches for Puerto Rico in the upcoming World Baseball Classic, but he has a preference to pitch on the East Coast.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 10
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 95
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)