Jan 6, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Tom Garfinkel, president and CEO of the Padres, tweeted the following picture last week of the ongoing construction on Petco Park’s outfield walls. That black outer fence below is for construction purposes only. The new walls are represented by that large concrete barrier that can be seen most prominently in right field.
For more on the exact dimension changes at Petco Park, check out this HBT post from October.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)