Jan 7, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
With the caveat that Brian Cashman is the guy who misled everyone about Alex Rodriguez‘s injury because “no one asked me a specific question about his hip,” the Yankees’ GM has some good news about the team’s captain:
“It’s all in the doctors’ hands right now,” said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. “But he’ll be ready on Opening Day.”
Jeter is out of his walking boot, Wallace Matthews reports, and is walking on a treadmill. It’ll be mid-to-late January before he can resume baseball activities, but this is apparently when he starts working out during non-injury seasons, so it’s all good, his agent says.
Given how many question marks the team has as it is, a healthy Jeter in 2013 is pretty important, of course.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)