Jan 7, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
With the caveat that Brian Cashman is the guy who misled everyone about Alex Rodriguez‘s injury because “no one asked me a specific question about his hip,” the Yankees’ GM has some good news about the team’s captain:
“It’s all in the doctors’ hands right now,” said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. “But he’ll be ready on Opening Day.”
Jeter is out of his walking boot, Wallace Matthews reports, and is walking on a treadmill. It’ll be mid-to-late January before he can resume baseball activities, but this is apparently when he starts working out during non-injury seasons, so it’s all good, his agent says.
Given how many question marks the team has as it is, a healthy Jeter in 2013 is pretty important, of course.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)