Jan 7, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
With the caveat that Brian Cashman is the guy who misled everyone about Alex Rodriguez‘s injury because “no one asked me a specific question about his hip,” the Yankees’ GM has some good news about the team’s captain:
“It’s all in the doctors’ hands right now,” said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. “But he’ll be ready on Opening Day.”
Jeter is out of his walking boot, Wallace Matthews reports, and is walking on a treadmill. It’ll be mid-to-late January before he can resume baseball activities, but this is apparently when he starts working out during non-injury seasons, so it’s all good, his agent says.
Given how many question marks the team has as it is, a healthy Jeter in 2013 is pretty important, of course.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47