Jan 7, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
With the caveat that Brian Cashman is the guy who misled everyone about Alex Rodriguez‘s injury because “no one asked me a specific question about his hip,” the Yankees’ GM has some good news about the team’s captain:
“It’s all in the doctors’ hands right now,” said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. “But he’ll be ready on Opening Day.”
Jeter is out of his walking boot, Wallace Matthews reports, and is walking on a treadmill. It’ll be mid-to-late January before he can resume baseball activities, but this is apparently when he starts working out during non-injury seasons, so it’s all good, his agent says.
Given how many question marks the team has as it is, a healthy Jeter in 2013 is pretty important, of course.
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 170
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (170)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)