Jan 7, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore has been linked to a few teams this offseason, but it sounds like he has no plans to sign until he’s recovered from September knee surgery and … well, given his history that might be a while.
Agent Joe Urbon told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that “midseason is more likely” for Sizemore to choose a new team, although he didn’t rule out signing before Opening Day.
Last winter Sizemore re-signed with the Indians for one-year and $5 million, but never played and now feels he tried to come back too soon. And obviously at this point it’s hard to imagine any team offering Sizemore more than a minor-league contract, which no doubt plays a part in his lack of interest in signing now.
Whatever the case, this is another in a long line of depression updates about Sizemore, who’s missed 382 of the past 486 games while hitting .220 with a .659 OPS. He’s still just 30 years old, but hasn’t been fully healthy since 2007.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)