Jan 7, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press he’ll get $911,000, which is less than most former major leaguers heading to Japan typically receive and suggests Lopez couldn’t find anything more than a minor-league deal in America.
And that makes sense, because despite some early hope that he’d develop into an impact player (and an odd All-Star appearance in 2006) Lopez has been pretty terrible for years now, hitting .236 with a .615 OPS during the past three seasons.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)