Jan 7, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
So, maybe the writers are the best bet as voters. But one wonders if the Hall of Fame itself will always feel this way. Why? Well …
But first a piece of @baseballhall news in advance of Wednesday’s BBWAA vote results: Hall posted book loss of $2.08M in 2011.
— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) January 7, 2013
Fisher goes on to report that the Hall has lost money in eight of the past ten years.
Perhaps this is more a function of changing sports tastes and the fact that the Hall of Fame is about the hardest place to get to this side of Hogwarts, but I’m sure that having an induction ceremony that, thanks to a silly moralizing electorate, will have no one but Deacon White, Jacob Rupert and Hank O’Day this summer won’t do much to help finances.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)