Jan 7, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
After reading this, one wonders when the Tuffy Rhodes museum is going to be built in the United States …
Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish is only 26 years old, but he apparently has accomplished enough in that short time to be immortalized in his homeland of Japan. According to Japanese media reports, planning is underway for a Darvish museum in the Hyogo prefecture, in the southern part of the country. The tentative plan calls for a November opening.
Or maybe Warren Cromartie.
Still, for it to beat Ichiro’s museum, it will have to be run by Darvish’s mom.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)