Jan 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
There was a brief period in the early offseason when it was thought that perhaps prospect Jurickson Profar would be given the Rangers’ second base job, moving Ian Kinsler to first base. But that’s out the window:
— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) January 8, 2013
I’m assuming Profar’s ineffectiveness and forearm inflammation in winter ball put to rest any notion of giving him the second base job. If, indeed, that notion ever truly resided in Ron Washington’s head. Kid is still 19 years-old, after all.
Profar, it would seem, will start the season in Triple-A, where he has yet to play. He hit .281/.368/.452 in a full season in the Texas League last year which is pretty astounding for a guy his age. But really, nothing will be harmed and much could be gained by giving him some more time in the minors.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)