Jan 8, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports that Liriano suffered an injury to his right (non-throwing) arm in December, adding that the Pirates “continue to talk to his agent” and “no deal is imminent.”
Long delays between reported deals and actual announcements have become increasingly common and most of the time it proves to be nothing, but with this Liriano news and Mike Napoli‘s ongoing situation with the Red Sox the “big deal, they’ll sign eventually” stance is a little tougher to take.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)