Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gonzalez joins fellow free agent signing Tom Gorzelanny as the new left-handers in the Brewers’ bullpen and threw 36 innings with a 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio for the Nationals last season.
Gonzalez has a long injury history and he’s 34 years old, but his 2.94 career ERA ranks second among all left-handed relievers with at least 250 appearances behind only Eric O’Flaherty (2.87).
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)