Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gonzalez joins fellow free agent signing Tom Gorzelanny as the new left-handers in the Brewers’ bullpen and threw 36 innings with a 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio for the Nationals last season.
Gonzalez has a long injury history and he’s 34 years old, but his 2.94 career ERA ranks second among all left-handed relievers with at least 250 appearances behind only Eric O’Flaherty (2.87).
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (220)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)