Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gonzalez joins fellow free agent signing Tom Gorzelanny as the new left-handers in the Brewers’ bullpen and threw 36 innings with a 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio for the Nationals last season.
Gonzalez has a long injury history and he’s 34 years old, but his 2.94 career ERA ranks second among all left-handed relievers with at least 250 appearances behind only Eric O’Flaherty (2.87).
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)