Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gonzalez joins fellow free agent signing Tom Gorzelanny as the new left-handers in the Brewers’ bullpen and threw 36 innings with a 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio for the Nationals last season.
Gonzalez has a long injury history and he’s 34 years old, but his 2.94 career ERA ranks second among all left-handed relievers with at least 250 appearances behind only Eric O’Flaherty (2.87).
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 0
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 78
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 61
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)