Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gonzalez joins fellow free agent signing Tom Gorzelanny as the new left-handers in the Brewers’ bullpen and threw 36 innings with a 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio for the Nationals last season.
Gonzalez has a long injury history and he’s 34 years old, but his 2.94 career ERA ranks second among all left-handed relievers with at least 250 appearances behind only Eric O’Flaherty (2.87).
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)