Jan 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Braun played for Team USA in 2009 and the Brewers left fielder has already started working out in preparation for this year’s event, which begins in early March.
Braun won the NL MVP in 2011 by hitting .332 with 33 homers and a .994 OPS in 150 games and followed that up by hitting .319 with 41 homers and a .987 OPS in 154 games last season, but finished runner-up in the voting to Buster Posey.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)