Jan 8, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
A return to New York for Javy Vazquez? Sure, why not? Among other pitchers the Mets are considering, Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that they have scouted Javier Vazquez in the Puerto Rican Winter League.
It makes sense. The Mets need someone to fill R.A. Dickey‘s shoes and Vazquez, who has had great success in the NL East, would be a good candidate to do so, even if a lot of people will claim that he can’t handle New York and all of that jazz.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)