Jan 8, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
A return to New York for Javy Vazquez? Sure, why not? Among other pitchers the Mets are considering, Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that they have scouted Javier Vazquez in the Puerto Rican Winter League.
It makes sense. The Mets need someone to fill R.A. Dickey‘s shoes and Vazquez, who has had great success in the NL East, would be a good candidate to do so, even if a lot of people will claim that he can’t handle New York and all of that jazz.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)