Jan 8, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
A return to New York for Javy Vazquez? Sure, why not? Among other pitchers the Mets are considering, Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that they have scouted Javier Vazquez in the Puerto Rican Winter League.
It makes sense. The Mets need someone to fill R.A. Dickey‘s shoes and Vazquez, who has had great success in the NL East, would be a good candidate to do so, even if a lot of people will claim that he can’t handle New York and all of that jazz.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (102)