Jan 8, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
A return to New York for Javy Vazquez? Sure, why not? Among other pitchers the Mets are considering, Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that they have scouted Javier Vazquez in the Puerto Rican Winter League.
It makes sense. The Mets need someone to fill R.A. Dickey‘s shoes and Vazquez, who has had great success in the NL East, would be a good candidate to do so, even if a lot of people will claim that he can’t handle New York and all of that jazz.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)