Jan 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Just add ’em to the list:
Add #Orioles to teams that have pursued JUpton. Strong interest a few weeks back, but talks sputtered. Team seemingly more focused on SPs.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 8, 2013
They may be focused on pitchers, but Upton is not the first outfielder the O’s have been linked to this offseason. Just a couple of days ago they, as so many other teams who have asked about Upton, asked about his Arizona teammate Jason Kubel. They also inquired about Cody Ross, though that was obviously before Ross signed with Arizona. The O’s aren’t hung up on the Diamondbacks, right?
Every team, however, seems like they’d want Upton. My guess is that until Arizona gets slightly more realistic about what they can get for him, we’ll see a lot of these “[Team] called, but not really pushing hard” kind of reports.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)