Jan 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Just add ’em to the list:
Add #Orioles to teams that have pursued JUpton. Strong interest a few weeks back, but talks sputtered. Team seemingly more focused on SPs.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 8, 2013
They may be focused on pitchers, but Upton is not the first outfielder the O’s have been linked to this offseason. Just a couple of days ago they, as so many other teams who have asked about Upton, asked about his Arizona teammate Jason Kubel. They also inquired about Cody Ross, though that was obviously before Ross signed with Arizona. The O’s aren’t hung up on the Diamondbacks, right?
Every team, however, seems like they’d want Upton. My guess is that until Arizona gets slightly more realistic about what they can get for him, we’ll see a lot of these “[Team] called, but not really pushing hard” kind of reports.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)