Jan 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Just add ‘em to the list:
Add #Orioles to teams that have pursued JUpton. Strong interest a few weeks back, but talks sputtered. Team seemingly more focused on SPs.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 8, 2013
They may be focused on pitchers, but Upton is not the first outfielder the O’s have been linked to this offseason. Just a couple of days ago they, as so many other teams who have asked about Upton, asked about his Arizona teammate Jason Kubel. They also inquired about Cody Ross, though that was obviously before Ross signed with Arizona. The O’s aren’t hung up on the Diamondbacks, right?
Every team, however, seems like they’d want Upton. My guess is that until Arizona gets slightly more realistic about what they can get for him, we’ll see a lot of these “[Team] called, but not really pushing hard” kind of reports.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)