Jan 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Grant Brisbee of SB Nation runs down some odd ones. Some of which, in their defense, were oddities of a stranger and damn-nigh inexplicable time. For example, Dante Bichette’s three Hall of Fame votes can be explained in context:
The mid-’90s were a horrible time. I went to a Dave Matthews concert in 1995. A Dave Matthews concert. You can see how that sort of time lends itself well to Dante Bichette-related hysteria.
And there are a couple of weirder ones too. Remember that tomorrow when you read about how Sandy Alomar, Jr. and Jeff Cirillo each got a vote from some strange ranger.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)