Jan 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Grant Brisbee of SB Nation runs down some odd ones. Some of which, in their defense, were oddities of a stranger and damn-nigh inexplicable time. For example, Dante Bichette’s three Hall of Fame votes can be explained in context:
The mid-’90s were a horrible time. I went to a Dave Matthews concert in 1995. A Dave Matthews concert. You can see how that sort of time lends itself well to Dante Bichette-related hysteria.
And there are a couple of weirder ones too. Remember that tomorrow when you read about how Sandy Alomar, Jr. and Jeff Cirillo each got a vote from some strange ranger.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)