Jan 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Grant Brisbee of SB Nation runs down some odd ones. Some of which, in their defense, were oddities of a stranger and damn-nigh inexplicable time. For example, Dante Bichette’s three Hall of Fame votes can be explained in context:
The mid-’90s were a horrible time. I went to a Dave Matthews concert in 1995. A Dave Matthews concert. You can see how that sort of time lends itself well to Dante Bichette-related hysteria.
And there are a couple of weirder ones too. Remember that tomorrow when you read about how Sandy Alomar, Jr. and Jeff Cirillo each got a vote from some strange ranger.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 27
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 150
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (150)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (76)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)